|“Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.” -Mark Twain|
"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."|
Commission Prices: I'm always open!
in this life I'm hindu, an INFJ, 4w5, taurus sun/leo moon (sidereal and tropical), otherkin, and a bunch of other definitions that don't mean anything
I don't usually reply to comments because I have bad social anxiety, please forgive me!
the super talented (who's also not lame) made my webcam
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
I have too many selfish acts I think back on and feel shame about, any time where I've hurt someone because I put myself first are probably the worst acts... I don't think I'm really proud of anything specific, but I have tried to mend all problems I've caused.
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
I've argued with almost everyone I know at some point because one of us (usually me) is not giving the other person enough attention. nobody wins with that, I try not to argue anymore.
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
I have only fought my brother over stupid shit, and always lost.
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
I suppose seeing other people in pain or being wronged gets the strongest reaction out of me, I've tried to imagine myself in someone else's position and feel their pain so that I can have empathy for them.
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
I don't have any pretend feelings, I think everything that comes out of me is pretty authentic.
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
any desire to better oneself is admirable to me, or anyone who shows empathy towards other's suffering. I respect people that can show love towards themselves or others, and are willing to cultivate peace and compassion in themselves. I think everyone is inherently born with these traits, but not all show it.
7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or art (sex, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?
stereotypes and portraying people, especially women, as sex objects, should not be the norm in media... I can understand using awful things as subjects for art and expression, but using them to sell your product (I'm looking at you video game industry) seems morally wrong, and just creates a mindset that it's ok for society to dehumanize others for personal gain.
9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
currently I call myself hindu or buddhist to make things simple, but I have a lot of pagan, taoist and "new age" beliefs as well. I like to say that all religions and outcomes are possible, and that a limitless universe wouldn't have a limited "ending." in fact I don't think there is such a thing as an ending, or an eternal afterlife; I would say that all things, connected in oneness, are able to branch off into infinite paths and possibilities, being different and yet the same, having forms or merging with the emptiness... I think that the only fixed truth is that the essence of all things is love, and this can be cultivated anywhere.
10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
if I scale down my existence to this one life, I would say there is hope for me in a material sense, I could set up a satisfying future for myself and live comfortably if I put my mind to it - if I look at my eternal self and endless lives, then I would say hope isn't really a factor in anything, it exists when there is something lacking in the present, and my eternal self isn't lacking anything.
11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
if you can possibly prevent something harmful from happening, then by all means do it, there's no point setting yourself up for suffering in the future if you can take care of it in the present
13. What’s the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
make them feel like their life is meaningless... that's probably the worst thing you could do to anyone
14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
I can be a leader if someone gives me that power, otherwise I don't want to impose on someone, and I'm usually flexible enough to be a follower
15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
I think I should be trying to set an example for people or try to help ease their suffering. there's too much pain in the world to add to it, even if everything seems like it's going to hell, I want to try and be someone that spreads love and gives support.
16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
well, I think a person is made up of their eternal self, as well as their ego/identity. the eternal self is complete at all times, it carries on beyond this life and can't be touched by anything here. the ego is what grounds us in this life, giving us a name, personality and history that helps us function and survive. since the self can't be affected by this life, or even by the ego, it is beyond redemption - there's nothing to redeem it from, because it isn't good or evil, and carries no sin. however, the ego is something that can be tainted, sinful, broken, or what have you, but if you truly wanted to be "redeemed" from it, you would have to shed it like old clothes; just drop it and live in the unchanging self.
17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
it's been within the past week, my attachment was too strong. there's nothing wrong with crying though, what would be worse is rejecting a feeling and trying to force it out.
18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
people don't have a connection to their higher selves, many people are living for only their pleasure and it causes a lot of heartache and frustration. I can't say this is "wrong," no one is really wrong or broken or whatever, but I think people can work on softening their hearts, being more compassionate and reaching out to others before themselves, if they are open minded and willing to feel the oneness that exists in all things. the truth is that people can feel happier themselves if they work on making others happy first.